Friday, September 11, 2026

Boltaction - Great war

  Having fought out plenty of WWII I wanted to try out something different so I picked up some Wargames Atlantic WW1 Germans, which are nice cheap models. I 3d printed some weapons teams and modified the unit profiles from standard boltaction to reduce the number of LMG's and SMG's. I also adopted some national special rules for Germany (Improved artillery barrage) and France (Rerolling morale tests) from the soviets.

 The campaign works around a simple 10,000 point resource pool that drains from battlefield losses and losing key strategic points in the trench network, that being the Depots (Additional 1000pts) and the HQ (Additional 2000pts).

The campaign begins with a French attack, using a bonus card which meant they didn't take casualties this turn.


The French preliminary barrage didn't break down any of the wire obstacles, the infantry surged forward any way.


Using their new Gas weapons the French fired onto the German trenchlines and supressed the German infantry, eventually causing a failed morale test and a FUBAR driving a rifle squad from the field.


German reinforcements poured in to control the breach with the Lt. valiantly holding the line, the french tried to move their Flamethrower forward but a Rifle squad of ambush locked them down.


A MMG then poured its fire into the lone advancing French Rifle squad on the left flank wiping it out in 2 turns.


German Storm troopers plugged the gap stabilising the front as a huge melee developed on the extreme right flank.


The German Riflemen were spooked by the supporting Storm troopers and fubar'd again shooting the Storm troopers!


The German Flammenwerfer came on as the last unit on turn 6 and wiped out a French infantry squad.


The game ended turn 6, with the Germans winning 3:1 against the French. However due to the French card they didn't take losses, but the Germans lost 300 points from their Global total.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Boltaction - Great war

  Having fought out plenty of WWII I wanted to try out something different so I picked up some Wargames Atlantic WW1 Germans, which are nice...